Risk Disclosure Statement
The information in this Risk Disclosure Statement is general information only and does not take into account your personal objectives, financial situation and needs. You should consider these things and seek independent professional advice before making a decision about our financial products.
You must be satisfied that any trading you undertake in relation to the products described in this Risk Disclosure Statement is appropriate in view of your objectives, financial situation and needs. If you wish to conclude any of the Transactions you are required to agree to the terms of the Client Agreement.
You should be aware of the following points:
- All stock market based investment is exposed to a degree of risk.
- Market fluctuations may have an effect on the value, price or income of investments.
- Investment capital is not guaranteed and past performance is not a guide to future investment performance.
- You are responsible for the selection of any transaction that you place on the trading platform. As such, the performance of any trade will depend mainly on investment decisions made by you. PKF Capital does not make any representations regarding the performance of any investment.
- Under certain market conditions it may be difficult or impossible to close out a position. This may occur, for example, where trading is suspended or restricted at times of rapid price movement.
- Where permitted, placing a stop-loss order will not necessarily limit your losses to the intended amounts, as market conditions may make it impossible to execute such orders at the stipulated price.
- Prior to the commencement of trading, you should require from your broker written confirmation of all current commission, fees and other transaction charges for which you will be liable.
- Your broker’s insolvency or that of any other brokers involved in your contracts may lead to your positions being closed out without your consent.
- Your ability to trade depends on the continued operation of, among other things, the PKF Capital Trading Platform, the internet, and your personal computer. A fault, delay or failure of any of these things could prevent you from placing orders and may result in losses on your open positions.
- You should read all available information on the PKF Capital Trading Platform including, but not limited to, the client Terms and Conditions in order to properly consider your risks.
- You should carefully consider whether your financial position permits you to participate in a syndicate. Areas of particular concern are charges for management, advisory and brokerage fees; the performance record of the syndicate and for how long it has been operating; and the credibility of management.
- Your broker should explain to you the meaning of the various terms set out herein so that you are fully aware of their significance.
- You should carefully consider whether trading is appropriate for you in light of your experience, objectives, financial resources and other relevant circumstances.
- Before trading listed instruments on any exchange you should be aware of tax consequences and on this you should consult your lawyer, accountant or other tax advisor.